At the Boskalis Knowledge Festival 1.0 in early November in Papendrecht, the Netherlands, visitors of the NINA stand received information about the program and they could offer feedback.
The festival was an initiative of the BODP group ‘13-’14. “With workshops and a ‘knowledge yard sale’ it was an interactive festival where the more than 200 participants could literally ‘get’ and ‘bring’ knowledge,” explains co-organizer Henrik Keij. The following were some of the most common thoughts on NINA:
THIS IS GOING WELL:
- NINA has a strong presence, is easily visible and enjoys wide support.
- NINA connects, raises awareness and has a common safety identity.
- NINA encourages and facilitates open discussions on the shop floor.
- NINA is becoming a way of life.
THESE ARE AREAS FOR ATTENTION:
- Implementation: introduction of NINA at MNO, Salvage and Dockwise; application in the office.
- Progress: a regular ‘boost’ is needed to keep NINA alive.
- Contents: attention for health (Fit for Duty).
- Future: making people even more aware of NINA, and in that way make NINA even more part of daily practice!